Last Update: 10/28/2015
Comment on this page.
Sarah J. Demory
Airport Operations Duty Manager
Seattle-Tacoma International Airport
- Major: B.B.A. Aviation Management and M.S. in Aviation
- Year of Graduation: 2000 (BBA), 2006 (MS)
- PREVIOUS POSITIONS
- Airside Operations - Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport (Undergraduate and Graduate Intern)
- Airport Operations - Omaha Eppley Airfield (Communications/Operations Coordinator)
- CURRENT POSITION
- Airport Operations Duty Manager - Port of Seattle - Seattle-Tacoma International Airport
- SPECIAL INTERNAL ASSIGNMENT
- Runway Activation Manager (06/07-01/09): Managed FAA and Port of Seattle runway activation tasks and schedule leading to the opening of KSEA's newest runway (opened 11/20/08).
- Manage airfield, air terminal and landside airport operations as well as support personnel.
- Conduct daily FAR 139, air terminal and landside safety, construction and security inspections Ensure airport maintains FAR Part 139, 77 and CFR Part 1542 compliance.
- Respond to airport emergencies and participate in airport incident/unified command
- American Association of Airport Executives (AAAE) Mentor
- University of North Dakota School of Aerospace Sciences Mentor
- AAAE Certified Member (C.M.)
- AAAE Operations, Safety and Planning Committee Member
- AAAE Diversity Committee Member
- AAAE Airline Economics and Air Service Committee Member
- AAAE Large Hub Winter Operations Conference Planning Committee Member
- FAA Commercial Pilot License with Instrument & Multi Engine Ratings
- AAAE Certified Member (C.M.) and AAE Candidate
- AAAE Airport Certified Employee-Operations (A.C.E.)
- FEMA NIMS IS 1, 100, 200, 230, 235, 240, 300, 400, 700, 800 Certified
- FAA SRMD Certified - Safety Risk Management