The Aviation Master's Degree Program is available either as a distance education program, delivered interactively using online resources, or as a traditional campus-based program with a supplemental online component. Faculty and students in the educational programs of the John D. Odegard School of Aerospace Sciences use eZ LMS as the course management system for hosting course Web sites. eZ LMS is available at http://learn.aero.und.edu.
A common application used by students is Adobe Connect. Adobe Connect is used to conduct live meetings with both distance and local UND students. The instructor uses the program to broadcast his or her lecture and class discussions to students who are unable to attend class in person. Distance students are able to participate live in class discussions and presentation situations. You will use your web browser to access Adobe Connect, at http://connect.aero.und.edu/. Your instructor might also choose to provide a link to your Connect meeting from your eZ LMS class site. For a FAQ on Adobe Connect click here.
To make the most of your participation in this degree program, all students should have access to the following:
- Minimum system requirements: https://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-connect/tech-specs.html
- Additional hardware: Distance students who will attend class using Adobe Connect should have a USB microphone headset. A webcam is recommended but not required.
- We also recommend Adobe Acrobat PDF Reader for any PDF files that instructors may provide on the course Web site.
- As mentioned above, you will use the eZ LMS to access your course materials and chat sessions online. eZ LMS is available at http://learn.aero.und.edu.
- Distance students are expected to attend "live" course lectures via Adobe Connect. To get started or to find help, click here.